As a lawyer specializing in building and architectural law, Dorothea Thilo advises on matters of private building and architectural law.
She practices as a litigator in court and out of court, and counts contractors as well as principals among her clients.
Dorothea Thilo is a member of the PRIVATE CONSTRUCTION LAW team at Glock Liphart Probst & Partner and regularly works together with colleagues from the PUBLIC PLANNING AND BUILDING LAW and LEASE and CONDOMINIUM LAW teams on issues impinging on different areas of real estate law.
Dorothea Thilo also advises and corresponds in English.
Dorothea Thilo has many years of experience in advising construction companies, building owners and investors.
One focus of her work is the drafting, negotiation and implementation of contracts under construction law. Her construction-related consultancy and legal representation covers both the construction phase (all phases of a project as well as all issues relating to acceptance) and the warranty phase. One focus is on advising and representing condominium owners and their associations on claims for defects in relation to separate individual and common property.
She is equally adept at out-of-court dispute resolution as she is in litigation. She covers the full spectrum of legal work, from the conduct of independent evidentiary proceedings, through classic litigation, to compulsory execution if necessary.
On technical issues, Dorothea Thilo works closely with technical consultants and she can also draw on her established network of experts from all construction-related fields.
Dorothea Thilo is appreciated by her clients for her pragmatic and solution-oriented strategies.
- Legal studies at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich
- Legal traineeship at the Munich Higher Regional Court
- Admission to the Bar 2000
- Joined Glock Liphart Probst & Partner in 2000
- Lawyer specializing in construction and architectural law since 2006
Fields of practice
Private construction law
- Drafting of building contracts
- Legal support during construction
- Building defects
- Warranty management before and after acceptance
- Cooperation with and integration of technical advisors
Property development law
- Contract design
- Settlement incl. claims enforcement
- Defects in separate individual and common property
- Support of the acceptance process of separate individual and common property
- Neighbour’s law
- Extra-judicial dispute resolution
- Independent evidentiary proceedings
- Compulsory execution
Dorothea Thilo regularly holds in-house training events for clients in the field of construction and architectural law and lectures at the Bayerische Architektenkammer (Bavarian Chamber of Architects).
She is a member of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Baurecht (German Society for Building and Construction Law).