Dr. Eichhorn advises his clients – private and commercial developers, building and land owners, investors, as well as municipalities – in all areas of land-related public law.
His clients appreciate his many years of experience, his scientific mindset and his solution and goal-oriented approach. He always keeps the broader perspective in mind.
Dr. Eichhorn’s scientific background, his interest in architecture and urban development as well as his understanding of political and business contexts distinguish him and form the basis for sound advice and first-class legal work.
In the JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms, Dr. Eichhorn is regularly recommended for the fields of environmental and planning law.
This year, Handelsblatt, also, awarded Dr Peter Eichhorn the title of “Best Lawyer” in the field of “Public Building and Planning Law”.
Dr. Eichhorn is a member of Glock Liphart Probst’s PUBLIC LAW team. He also advises and corresponds in the English language.
Dr. Eichhorn advises and represents his clients on all real estate-related matters of public law.
His work includes, in particular, assisting with planning permission and preliminary decision procedures, advising on development planning procedures and sectoral planning, drafting and negotiating urban development contracts and neighbour agreements. In his work, he not only has legal, but also business and architectural aspects firmly in mind.
In his role as a mediator, Dr. Eichhorn strives to work out sustainable solutions together with all parties, thus avoiding costly and, above all, time-consuming court proceedings.
Dr. Eichhorn also represents his clients as a litigator, at all levels of the administrative court system up to the Federal Administrative Court.
Another field of his work is the assessment of ongoing building projects and plots of land awaiting development as part of the due diligence for the purchase and sale of real estate in close cooperation with his colleagues from the other teams, especially the REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS team, but also together with external consultants. Dr. Eichhorn has particular expertise in the law on the preservation of historical monuments and in the parcelling of already developed land.
Fields of practice
Procedures under zoning law
- Development plans, land use plan
- Municipal urban developments including infrastructure
- Land reallocation
- Urban development contracts of all kinds
- Other agreements under public law
Sectoral planning law, in particular for infrastructure projects
Building permit procedure
- Building regulations
- Monument preservation law
- Municipal bylaws (parking spaces, misappropriation of open spaces, etc.)
- Building-related neighbour’s law
- Immission control procedures
- Water law procedures
- Soil protection law (contaminated sites)
- Nature conservation, flood protection
- Conversion of disused industrial areas, railway areas, military bases, etc.
Road and highway legislation
General administrative law
- In particular law on administrative procedures
- Studies at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, 1989-1994
- Doctorate under Prof. Dr. Peter Badura, Chair of Public Law, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, 1998
- Legal traineeship at the Munich Higher Regional Court
- Admission to the Bar 1997
- Worked in a Munich commercial law firm, 1997-1998
- Joined Glock Liphart Probst & Partner in 1999
- Lawyer specializing in administrative law since 2002
- Mediator for planning, building and environmental matters, 2010
- Member of the Ausschuss für Verwaltungsrecht der Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer (Administrative Law Committee of the German Federal Bar) since 2020
Lecturer at the Akademie für Fort- und Weiterbildung der Bayerischen Architektenkammer (Academy for Continuing Education of the Bavarian Chamber of Architects), since 2004
Chairman of the board of the non-profit Dr. Harry and Irene Roeser-Bley Foundation, since 2009
- „Besondere Formen der Zusammenarbeit von Bund und Ländern im Katastrophenfall und zur Aufrechterhaltung der inneren Sicherheit“ (Special forms of cooperation between the Federation and the Länder in the event of disasters and for maintaining internal security), dissertation, 1998
- Co-author of „Praktikerhandbuch Bauträgerfinanzierung und -vertrag“ (Practical manual for construction financing and agreements), 2012
- „Wege zur rechtmäßigen Realteilung bebauter Grundstücke“ in „Facetten des Immobilienrechts – Festschrift für Manfred Probst“ (Approaches for the legally effective parcelling of developed properties in Facets of real estate law – publication in the honour of Manfred Probst), 2015