Rudolf Häusler advises and represents clients in matters of environmental law and construction and building law – from the initial idea to the completion/commissioning of a project.
His work is mainly of an advisory nature, dealing with complex building projects and government and private development planning, in the context of longstanding client relationships. Industrial companies, municipal utilities, project developers, building owners, investors and neighbours seek his advice. They all appreciate the breadth and depth of his expertise, his persuasiveness and determination.
Rudolf Häusler is a member of the PUBLIC LAW team at Glock Liphart Probst & Partner.
Working at the interface between law and science and technology, Rudolf Häusler has a long and successful track record of making projects possible by gaining the necessary approvals.
He routinely works in an interdisciplinary team with the client, architect, planner, cost estimator, expert and others. His daily work consists of the preparation of documents, drafting applications, agreements, contracts, considerations for municipal bylaws and providing solution-oriented input, as well as negotiating with government representatives and political office holders; litigation is the exception.
He supports the initial development of newly zoned areas as well as the conversion of disused industrial sites and the redevelopment of inner-city properties, as well as projects of industrial companies or municipal utility providers for the approval of technical facilities, groundwater wells, environmental remediation and raw material extraction. In addition, he advises on individual building projects from conception to inauguration.
Fields of practice
- Immission control procedures
- Water law procedures
- Soil protection law (contaminated sites)
- Raw material extraction
- Zoning procedures for infrastructure, e.g. rail transport, power plants, drinking water wells
- Conservation area procedures
- Nature conservation, flood protection
- Conversion of disused industrial areas, railway areas, military bases, etc.
Procedures under zoning law
- Development plans, land use plan
- Municipal urban developments including infrastructure
- Land reallocation
- Urban development contracts of all kinds
Building permit procedure
- Building regulations
- Monument preservation law
- Building-related neighbour’s law
- Municipal bylaws (parking spaces, misappropriation of open spaces, etc.)
General administrative law
- In particular law on administrative procedures
- Litigation, administrative court proceedings
- Studies at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, and the Georg August University of Göttingen
- Legal traineeship at the Munich Higher Regional Court
- Admission to the Bar 1985
- Joined Glock Liphart Probst & Partner in 1984
Rudolf Häusler is a member of the Gesellschaft für Umweltrecht (Society for Environmental Law), was a lecturer for environmental law at the Deutsche Anwaltsinstitut (German Bar Institute) for 10 years and a member of the Ausschuss für Verwaltungsrecht der Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer (Administrative Law Committee of the German Federal Bar Association) until 2019. He was also the chairman of the former Agenda21 advisory board in Munich.
Rudolf Häusler served as a judge in the 5th Senate of the Bavarian Bar Court for 15 years.