Dr. Pilla advises his client on matters of intellectual property (IP), corporate law and commercial law.
His IP practice focuses on the drafting of trademark and copyright licensing agreements, IP-related transactions and the assertion and enforcement of IP rights in and out of court in cases of trademark, copyright, design and patent infringement, as well as the defence against such claims. In the area of corporate law, Dr. Pilla advises managing directors and board members on matters of corporate management and governance. He advises his shareholder clients in particular on transactions, the establishment of companies and the exercise of their rights as shareholders.
His clients are small and medium-sized publishers, games developers, commercial and technology companies as well as public corporations, but also entrepreneurs as well as partners of (often freelance) partnerships.
Dr. Pilla also advises and corresponds in the English, Italian and French language.
He is a member of the COMMERCIAL LAW team at Glock Liphart Probst & Partner.
Dr. Pilla advises and represents his clients in a broad spectrum of industrial property matters (in particular trademarks, designs and patent infringement) and copyright law.
He has established longstanding cooperations with leading Munich patent law firms.
Dr. Pilla has many years of experience in industrial property rights and copyright litigation and is very familiar with the relevant courts. He has been involved in a number of cases cited as landmark decisions, especially in design law.
In the field of corporate law, Dr. Pilla deals mainly with matters relating to freelance companies, limited liability companies and small and medium-sized public limited companies; he advises shareholders as well as managing directors and board members.
A large number of his clients have worked with him for many years.
Fields of practice
Industrial property rights and copyright (intellectual properties (IP))
- Licensing agreements for trademarks, designs, copyrights and patents
- Trademark law
- Design law
- Copyright law (including database law)
- Patent infringement
- Competition law (UWG)
- Law on the Protection of Trade Secrets (GeschGehG)
- IP-related antitrust law
- Litigation in the field of IP
- Share purchase agreements
- Formation of companies, in particular drafting of shareholders’ agreements
- Drafting of service contracts for managing directors and board members
- Advising and representing clients at shareholders’ meetings and general meetings, in particular on issues relating to the adoption of resolutions
- Company succession
- Distribution law, in particular sales agent and authorised dealer law
- Law of company names
- Liability issues relating to the continued use of a firm name
- Contractual and post-contractual non-compete clauses
- Law of commercial powers of attorney
- Studies at the Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg and at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- Practical experience abroad with the law firms Gide Loyrette Nouel, Paris, and Ardito & Magrone, Milan, as well as with the publishing house Oxford University Press, Oxford
- Legal traineeship at the Munich Higher Regional Court
- Research assistant and scholarship holder of the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Patent, Copyright and Competition Law 1996-1998
- Doctorate under Prof. Karl-Heinz Fezer, University of Konstanz, 1999
- Admission to the Bar 1999
- Joined Glock Liphart Probst & Partner in 1999
Dr. Pilla is an alumnus of the Förderverein Freunde und ehemalige Mitarbeiter des Max-Planck-Instituts für Innovation und Wettbewerb e.V. (Friends and Former Associates of the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition), a member of the Deutsche Vereinigung für gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (German Association for the Protection of Industrial Property) and of the Deutsche Landesgruppe der AIPPI e.V. (German AIPPI National Group).
Dr. Pilla is a board member of the Freundeskreises Museum Fünf Kontinente e.V. (Friends of the Museum Fünf Kontinente).